Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Simple Delicious Sweet

Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I spend 90% of my "down time" baking and taking on special requests for cakes and desserts. May is always jam packed with requests for weddings, birthdays, baby showers, and graduations! Whew! One of my favorite recipes (and my most requested icing) is my simple almond buttercream. I decided to share the recipe below along with my most requested cake decorations of the season, the princess birthday cake and the classic number cake. This is by far my favorite recipe for topping cakes because it's easy, delicious, and it just smells so darn good. It also holds up well for simple decorations. Enjoy and be sure to keep up with the weekly version of Chocolate Martha on Instagram!

Val's Simple Almond Buttacream :)

4 cups confectioner sugar

2 sticks of softened butter (not margarine) 1 stick salted and 1stick sweet cream

2 tablespoons of pure almond extract

2 tablespoons of half and half

Directions:

In a mixer combine softened butter and confectioners sugar and blend well until smooth and fluffy. Add half and half and almond extract. Continue to beat together until the appearance is whipped and fluffy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment